Dedicated to Improving Quality of Life
Back in 1973 when La Paz Optometric was first established, it was a small family practice surrounded by rural ranch land in the sleepy Saddleback Valley. A lot has changed since then!
The Saddleback Valley is now anything but “sleepy,” our founding doctor has long since retired, and the optometric field itself has come a long way. Throughout it all, though, the doctors and staff at La Paz Optometric have remained true to our vision and mission, which is:
To improve quality of life for people of all ages by providing the finest in vision care.
Patients have kept coming back for decades – some now bringing their grandchildren – because they know that looking out for their vision will always be our only priority.
Giving You More
As highly trained and experienced eye care experts, our office has multiple optometrists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and management of eye diseases and defects. But we believe that providing our patients with cutting edge vision care means more than that. Our patients also benefit from our:
Multiple Clinical Specialties – More doctors means more options for you. Our clinical specialties include:
- Pediatric eye care
- Geriatric or low vision eye care
- Difficult to fit contact lenses, including multi-focals, keratoconic, and scleral lenses
- Co-management of Lasik/PRK and other vision technologies
- Corneal Refractive Therapy
- Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment
- And more
State-of-the-Art Equipment –To provide the best possible diagnostic imaging and treatment, all of our equipment is completely digital. Some of our specialized equipment includes:
- Digital Retinal Imaging –Eliminates the need to dilate your eyes. Thanks to this technology, which scans the inside of your eye in just ¼ of a second, eye dilation is not always necessary at our practice.
- Corneal Topographer –Maps the front part of the eye in order to detect corneal disease and helps with difficult-to-fit contact lenses. La Paz Optometric is one of the few practices in the area that has a Corneal Topographer.
- Digital High-Definition Refracting Systems – For more accurate diagnosis and prescription.
- Visio Office– A center piece technology in our optical department that helps create custom high definition lenses for both progressive lenses and single vision lenses.
Pleasant Experience – “The service is always exceptional.” “My yearly check-ups are always something to look forward to.” “The office exudes friendship and professionalism.” These actual patient comments are typical of the feedback we receive. In fact, our staff is so sincere and friendly, and our patient care is so exceptional, that a surprisingly large number of patients drive in from more than 45 miles away just to see us!
Convenient Hours & Location –Located right off the 5 freeway on La Paz Road in Laguna Hills, with early morning and end-of-day appointments available. Our hours are:
- Monday 8:30 to 6:00
- Tuesday 8:30 to 5:30
- Wednesday 7:30 to 5:30
- Thursday 8:30 to 5:30
- Friday 9:00 to 5:30
- Saturday 8:00 to 2:00 (most Saturdays)
Multi-Lingual Doctors & Staff – Communicate with your doctor and staff in English, Spanish, Cantonese, or Vietnamese.
Huge Eyeglass Selection – More than 1,500 frames in stock at all times, plus an on-site lab for providing quick turn-around on single vision prescriptions.
Ability to Accept Most Insurance Plans – Including VSP, Eyemed, Spectera, Davis, most HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, and Medi-Cal. Plus, we are one of 8 offices in Orange County to have an exclusive contract with the UFCW Local 324 union for vision care.